Give your child the gift of daily reading. The child-friendly version of the Daily Reader.
Looking to help your child become a keen and wiser reader in a digital world? Readikkulus is the children-friendly version of our classic Daily Reader compound. Kids read short, age-appropriate, English pieces everyday, in an encouraging environment that helps build appetite for reading wisely and widely.
Who is it for?
Ages 10-17; ideal for students looking to build curiosity, wisdom, vocabulary, and an appetite for diverse knowledge.
What to expect?
One short (under 1000 words), age-appropriate article each day. Plus bonus trivia and themes of the week.
Why this'll work
It's wonderfully diverse and each day's article is short (so no temptation to stay on a screen). There's no nagging to complete, unlike at school. Bonus: your child becomes better at reading non-fiction.
How Your Subscription Works
Your subscription brings you:
- Access to an exclusive, actively moderated, spam free Telegram group (the parent can use their Telegram account and moderate access to the group).
- Duration: Choose between one or three months.
- Receive one link each daily to a short article. Read any time during the day.
- Unlock the fact of the day by completing the day's article
- Play occasional quizzes to test your vocab and general knowledge.
Readikkulus is designed for variety and regularity. On three days of each week, get articles on a different theme, while the remaining four days come from a mixed bag of topics. Some example articles:
“How are Rooms Cleaned at an Ice Hotel?” (Non-Fiction; Theme: Travel; 409 words;)
“Dabba Pav: The Goan version of Vada Pav” (Non-Fiction; Theme: Food; 500 words)
“Do you have what it takes to become an astronaut?” (Non-Fiction; Theme: Space; 800 words)
“Kalpana’s Cycle” (Fiction; Theme: India; 725 words)
Life happens, especially with young ones around. You can opt out for a full refund within a week of your subscription going live.